As a Development Intern, you will be supporting the Desmond Tutu Peace Foundation in its fundraising campaigns and related activities so that our programs can materialize and be shared with the world.
- Helping Secure financial support from Individuals, Foundations, and Corporations
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with donors
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities
- Organizing events, raising awareness of Desmond Tutu and its work on local and national levels
- Organizing talks with groups
- Seeking opportunities with media
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Great communicator and strategist
- Someone with previous experience fundraising in any sector is a plus!
- 5-15 hours per week
- The Development intern position is an unpaid position.
- This position is only available to candidates in San Francisco Bay Area.
This internship offers the opportunity to gain valuable non-profit experience and be a part of a small rapidly growing organization that is fun, meaningful, inspiring, fast paced and making the world a better place
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.