SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
As a Social Media Intern, you will be supporting the Desmond Tutu Peace Foundation in its fundraising campaigns and related activities so that our programs can materialize and be shared with the world.
- Helping to manage various social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Producing content for our social media platforms
- Launch Tumblr. and Snapchat accounts
- Help to create messaging for our partner’s social media accounts to promote joint projects
- Gauge efficacy of various outreach methods and assist in development of new methods
- Seeking opportunities with media
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success
- Help to develop social media calendar for year and plan special promotions around dates
- Moderate live stream events
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate multiple tasks or activities at once.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to diligently track and quantify program results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous marketing experience is a plus!
- Self starter who can effectively work remotely
- 5-15 hours per week
- The Social Media intern position is an unpaid position.
- This position is a remote position and open to candidates in the United States.
This internship offers the opportunity to gain valuable non-profit experience and be a part of a small rapidly growing organization that is fun, meaningful, inspiring, fast paced and making the world a better place
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.